The 2nd OPTICS workshop “From Hazard Management to Operational Resilience” has been held at Toulouse on ONERA premises. This event consisted of a 2-day workshop focussed on Air Vehicle Operations and Traffic Management, giving the chance to contribute to identifying the priorities in the European aviation safety research agenda in four key aviation safety areas:
- Data and Safety Intelligence
- Self-healing systems
More than 60 experts from 36 aviation organisations, coming from a dozen European countries, participated in this workshop to answer the following questions:
- What are the current aviation safety research hot topics?
- Where are the research gaps?
- Are there solutions and innovative approaches that could already advance safety in these areas?
- What are the strategic research avenues for European aviation safety research?